0

Around The World: Halong & It's Markets

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012

22 April


Towards the coast, you can scramble to get on a million of these old, wooden boats and take a trip along Halong Bay where you can visit caves, fisheries and famous rocks. Not only that, on these boats, they will provide you with an excellent seafood lunch. 


Once you get past all the people buying cheap as cigarettes out of black bags, you'll be confronted by an incredible sight...



Boat


Boats outside the caves; it was a s***fight


My brother & I


Kissing Hens.

Our seafood lunch went something along the lines of this (and these photos aren't even half!)
- Spring Rolls
- Fishcakes
- A whole fish
- Crab
- Pippies
- Prawns
- Noodles
- Soup





It was truly a good day spent on the water.


Another place I went to were the markets (the name escapes me). I was less than impressed but the vibrance of clothing and eclectic mix of produce, products & services was something completely new to me.



Fresh Chillies 


Vibrance


Handcrafted Bowls







It's so interesting to see another culture you really haven't been exposed to before. I actually wonder how things can be so simply made.


Ella xx

Discussion

Leave a response