0

Elysium

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Elysium Restaurant offers a modern Australian menu with French and Italian influences. This is a casual dining restaurant, located right next door to the Randwick Ritz Cinema on St Pauls St at the ‘Spot’ and is a great place to enjoy fresh, quality produce at very reasonable prices.
- Elysium Website

I recently visited Elysium with my family and wow. The quality of the food, the presentation, the taste was incredible - there could have been some improvements but overall it was great. What they excelled at, personally for me, was dessert. I think it would be well  worthwhile to take a visit.




roasted double lamb cutlet with shank meat croquettes, smoked eggplant puree, black pepper and potato gratin, balsamic braised onion and a madeira sauce  30

The Verdict: The shank meat croquettes were dry and there was some weird nut thing in the middle but the lamb was perfectly cooked. The mini gratin was a bit stiff and felt undercooked but the onions really popped. I love balsamic vinegar so onions and balsamic was great. The madeira sauce was lacking in taste but went well, not overpowering the delicious lamb. 



milk chocolate and honeycomb bombe alaska with caramel sauce and toffee ice cream 15

The Verdict: Faultless. A must. I had never actually had a bombe alaska before and my dad and I got into an argument to whether it was French or from Alaska. I won; it's French. Inside was milk chocolate and honeycomb ice-cream as promised and then on the side was another scoops of toffee ice-cream which was delicious. Needless to say, we fought over that bombe.



vanilla panacotta with plum jelly, plum and champagne granita, crushed amaretti biscuit and spiced grilled plums 15

The Verdict: I liked the bombe better but that's because I love anything chocolate honeycomb & chocolate & meringue. But this was still excellent - especially the granita. It just melted into your mouth. Panacotta is my brother's favorite dessert so I tried not to have too much - I was too busy defending my own dessert.

I would really recommend going to Elysium, I know I'll definitely be back, this time with a bombe alaska for myself and no sharing!

Ella xx


Discussion

Leave a response