0

Homecooked Heroes: Poached Pears

Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

13 June

I came home today after a rainy and windy day at school to this sight -




Clearly, dessert is going to amazing. My mum is a very spontaneous cook. I think she woke up this morning and said... "I bought pears yesterday... I MUST DO SOMETHING WITH THEM" - and do something with them she did.

Just look at this beautiful pear placement.




The colour is just amazing. Can't wait to chow down on these.
Usually, I would have my pears with Connoisseur Vanilla Bean Ice-cream but I think tonight I might try them with Harris Farm Yoghurt so it's not as messy. The berry sauce which these pears are cooked in taste like heaven mixed in with the yoghurt. I manage to scrounge a tablespoon of yoghurt and pour some sauce on it. Yummy!

Part of me wishes that the weather would stop and I would be able to enjoy the sunshine but I have to say... The best part about winter is the food. Stews, soups, hot noodles; bring on the cold!

Ella xx


Discussion

Leave a response