0

Mi Piace

Posted on Friday, June 29, 2012

29 June

Once again, the Shtein Family is out on the town to score some dinner (well, that's just me). We went to go see Rock of Ages (I recommend it - Tom Cruise was amazing) but not before having dinner at a relatively new restaurant to the Entertainment Quarter called Mi Piace. It's an Italian restaurant with everything from antipasto to pizza to steak to seafood. The menu is quite extensive.


Antipasto Platter for two
parma prosciutto, sopressa salami , artichokes hearts, mixed italian olives, chargrilled eggplant, rosted red peppers pecorino and toasted in house made ciabatta 

My iPhone really wrecked the presentation and colour but this was delicious. We fought over this one.


Filletto Piemontese

medium rare cooked beef eye fillet with grilled and arborio rice filled tomato, asparagus, served with red wine glaze

This was great. The fillet was cooked really well, it just melted in my mouth and the tomato had arborio rice in it which i thought was a nice touch. Asparagus was also nicely cooked - all in all a great dish.

Wood-fired Scampi

garlic, lemon, parsley marinated scampi served on a bed of wild rocket leave

Mum got this one. The scampi was cooked really well and the presentation was great. Also, what a generous serving. 
We also had pizza. The thing for me, which makes a pizza delicious is the base and the crust. Mi Piace really do have this DOWN. It was so doughy in the crust and the base was quite thin. I wish the tomatoes had been more spread out (I love my tomatoes) and the fish was a bit salty but seriously, this crust was great. I should have just got a plain pizza and just enjoyed the dough because it was great.

I really recommend this place - go for the Pizza.

Ella xx

Discussion

Leave a response