0

Around The World: Sapa, Vietnam

Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2012

22 April


At the beginning of last year, I went on an "Asia" trip with my family. Together, we visited Thailand (for family), Laos, Vietnam and Japan. This post is the beginning of a series I'm going to call Around The World. 

Vietnam was, to say the least, absolutely crazy. People everywhere, motorbikes everywhere, food everything, pollution everywhere. I'll be honest, I didn't like it that much. Coming from picturesque Laos it was a total change. 

I loved Sapa, which is in the far North. It's just like a floating village. Their bread, cakes, hot chocolates and pizza's (yeah) were amazing. The Vietnamese definitely have a thing about bread; it's excellent! My family and I caught the train up, the four of us sharing this tiny compartment. We ate nutella and freshly baked bread through out, then fell asleep to the sound of the train speeding off into the darkness.

This is my experience in Sapa, in a nutshell.


Mushrooms on the side of the road


Who even really knows...


Our ascent up the mountain


The view from the top


After climbing a giant ass mountain, tea at the top of the mountain was a great relief


Picture perfect


Once again, no idea what's actually in this but looks good.


View from our hotel



Two roasted chickens. Tasted better than it looked.


Roaming the busy streets of Sapa, their native tribe being the Hmong people.


I think I had the world's best hot chocolate up here. Not sure if I'll be back but it was an experience to remember.


Ella xx

Discussion

Leave a response